Wednesday 23 December 2015

Lanterns and tailors

We are in beautiful Hoi An.

Hoi An is a UNESCO cultural heritage site, on the coast of Vietnam. With its status, it has been doing a really good job at keeping the traditional houses and architecture - that of an Asian trade town from the Middle Ages, with Chinese and Japanese influences as well as a lot of laterns.




And tailors, oh the tailors. Over the last few years, Hoi An has become a bit of a mecca for buyers of tailor-made clothes with over 400+ shops that have all sorts of displays and possibilities.

We are coming towards the end of our trip now and, being Christmas, we decided to splurge and have something made... We are picking up our 10 items today!

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, from getting measured to picking my style - I asked the lady to design a dress she did not have on display, I clearly explained what I wanted, picked the 2 differ materials and it turned out even better than what I had in my head!




They sent the materials we picked, off to wear the clothes are made. In less than 24hrs we were back to have the first fitting. The jackets we ordered were just perfect ... Look at that lining!




My dress needed some modifications on the sides and the top...



But we were back that same evening to get it all confirmed:





We are walking out of the shop with 2 coats (mine has got green silk lining... feels like heaven!), 3 pants (one for my shortarse legs... I love them and I normally hate pants!), 3 shirts between us and 2 fab dresses all designed by me!

Now here's to hoping they will fit in the bags... Whoops!

PS: the shop we used is called Bi Hanh on Tran Hung Dao St. They were really nice to us, suggesting and giving ideas with a good price and impeccable service. If you're ever in Vietnam...

No comments:

Post a Comment