Thursday 6 January 2011

Stressful times

My visa runs out pretty soon... so after 8days in Koh Tao, I wanted to make my way up north and then out of the country.
  • 14:00 - a taxi picks us up from the hotel
  • 14:30 - ferry boat to the mainland
  • 19:50 - bus to Bangkok (it stinks!)
  • 3:00am - got dropped off in BKK, in Khao San Rd (full of bars...and drunk people at that time) ... so we start waiting and waiting and waiting...
  • 5:00am, a bit hungry ... we get a Burger King (I know, I know!)
  • 5:30am - been sitting outside the police station for 1.5hrs now, used their toilets a couple of times (and no, not even the police has toilet paper!) and saw a few ladyboys/prostitues being taken in.
  • 8:00am -minibus comes to pick us up, all bags crammed in a 12seats bus, that was going too fast for my liking
  • 10:30am -first stop, I couldn't resist Thai food so had a chicken curry at this time of the morning (I know, I know!)
  • 13:45 -we get another ferry 
  • 16:00- Koh Chang, finally!

Then obviously we had no accomodation, so we had to take taxis up and down the island to find a suitable bungalow, but that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment