Monday 3 October 2011

Italy vs Ireland

It almost always surprises people, after they heard me speaking for a while, when I say I am Italian. They get quite confused by my mixed accent - some say it's Irish, some says it sounds like I have been hanging around with English people for too long. The other day the taxi driver asked me if I was from Lebanon...
But I was as Italian as I could last night, watching the Rugby World Cup. Was drinking Peroni, screaming a few "merda"s here and there, trying to support the Azzurri in the sea of Irish jerseys.
The first half was really good, the Italians really got into the game and I was well excited. A few drinks and 40mins later, Ireland won 36-6 and I was a crushed Italian woman, getting beaten up by all the Irish people around me (most of all my friends!).
Good thing is, next time, I could draw a few freckles on my face, sculling pints of Guinness and cheer for the Irish team... hoping they make it all the way to the final - as I'll be in New Zealand for that!
Go the boys in green!

No comments:

Post a Comment